2. Welcome to New Members
3. Minutes of the branch meeting held on 1 November 2018.
4. Matters Arising - not otherwise covered on the agenda.
6. Reports from Meetings / Conferences attended:
a. Verbal report on Branch Committee meeting held 10 January 2019.
b. Action Sub Committee Minutes of 8 November.
c. Minutes of Regional Retired Members’ Coordinating Committee
d. Report from the Area Activist meeting held on 13 December – Dave Sherry
e. Report from the Scottish Pensioners’ Forum
f. Trades Council report of meeting held on 5 December
7. Education Officer Report - David Paterson
8. Equalities Officer Report – Irene Graham
9. Pensioner Issues.
11. Motion submitted by Maureen Gardner - See below
12. Any Other Business.
MOTION - Single person water discount
“This branch is concerned that the Scottish Government has stated that it wants to scrap or cut the discount on water charges for people living alone.
We ask the Scottish Executive of Unite to support the continuation of the 25% discount for single person households, especially since many of these householders are older people. We would urge Unite Scotland to raise this issue with the STUC, appropriate political parties and Scottish Government Ministers.”